We encourage and welcome open, lively debate, so long as it meets the parameters of our code of conduct set out below. The decision to publish comments received via the Cutting Red Tape Reviews website remains at the discretion of Her Majesty’s Government in line with this moderation policy.
The views expressed by any third parties are solely theirs and are not necessarily endorsed by Her Majesty’s Government.
This moderation policy sets out the timescales, methods and terms within which public postings to the Cutting Red Tape Reviews website operate. This ensures that all user generated online content is suitable.
- We operate a policy of moderation whereby all comments are checked before they appear on the site.
- Comments and ideas are always moderated before appearing on the site, and we aim to do this within a maximum period of 2 working days after the comment is submitted.
- Comments added over the weekend or bank holidays will be moderated on the next available working day.
- We will occasionally edit submitted content before publishing it to the site. This editing is limited to removing any content that is deemed not to meet the code of conduct. We will not change the substance or meaning of any contribution.
Non-publication of postings:
- If your submission does not appear on the site, or is removed, it means that the contribution does not comply with the code of conduct of the site.
Participation Code of Conduct:
- When posting comments to the site please observe our code of conduct:
- Be respectful of other users of this site.
- Stay on topic and do not post comments that are unrelated to the purpose of this site.
- Do not use language that is offensive, inflammatory or provocative (this includes swearing and obscene or vulgar comments).
- Do not break the law (this includes libel, condoning illegal activity and contempt of court).
- In the course of using the community areas of this site, please do not post personal information – addresses, phone numbers, email addresses or other online contact details – relating either to you or other individuals or information that allows another to be identified.
- Do not make specific reference to the conduct, activity or behaviour of named individuals.
- Do not impersonate or falsely claim to represent a person or an organisation.
- Do not make any commercial endorsement or promote any product.
- Do not post in a language other than English
- Do not make reference to any current investigations or those under criminal investigation.
- Do not include any party political comments.
We reserve the right to fail comments which:
- Advertise a product
- Are not in English
- Risk breaking UK law
- Contain potentially defamatory statements
- Are abusive or disruptive
- Are offensive
- Are off-topic
- Contain personal details or details that would allow a person to be identified
- Risk being in contempt of court
- Contain spam
- Contain unsuitable links